Saturday, October 23, 2010

Just over a week to go!

I leave for Guatemala in just over a week. I am starting to feel the pressure to get everything packed and make sure I leave nothing to chance. For instance, tomorrow I am ingesting this NASTY traveller's diarrhea medication called Dukoral that supposedly tastes like raspberry. Incorrect. To me, it is reminiscent of three-year old Halloween candy that has been at the bottom of a child's knapsack. Although it tastes awful, it is much better than catching what it protects against.

My Spanish has been coming along...somewhat...I have never had an easy time with languages so this was quite an undertaking for me. I had a lot of help along the way (thanks RF! ) and a few excellent study buddies (shout out to GM and TF!) but I am hoping that immersion will clinch it. Aside from the Spanish, I have been slowly compiling items from my packing list that I hope will come in handy during my time in Guatemala. I have never travelled on my own to anywhere except to stay with relatives or a hotel that was equipped with everything I could need. Does anyone have any suggestions for essential items? I have been told 'one weeks worth of clothes' as well as ' a flashlight' and 'travel alarm clock', but what else? I know I will get there and feel helpless without something that I take for granted at home!

Let me know what you think :)

K-dizzle out!

No comments:

Post a Comment